QUESTIONS OVER ACTS CHAPTER 10:
1. Who was Cornelius, and where did he live?
2. What is said about the character of Cornelius religiously?
3. What hour of the day was it when Cornelius in a
vision was visited by an angel?
4. What was Cornelius told that had "come up for a
memorial before God"?
5. The angel told him to send to Joppa for Peter who
would tell him what (summarize the different statements about this)?
6. How many and who were the men sent to Joppa to
7. The next day what hour did Peter go upon the housetop
of Simon the tanner to pray?
8. Why did Peter refuse to kill and eat the beasts
and creatures let down in the sheet from heaven, and with what words did
God assure him that it was all right for him to do this?
9. When did the men from Cornelius seeking Peter arrive
at Simon the tanner's house?
10. How many Jewish brethren accompanied Peter when
they left for Caesarea the next day (and how many in all were in the company)?
11. Who did Cornelius have waiting with him when the
company arrived in Caesarea?
12. How did Cornelius first greet Peter, and what
did Peter say?
13. Peter further said: "Ye know how that it is an
_____________ thing for a man that is a Jew to keep ________________ ,
or come unto one of another ______________ ; but God hath showed me that
I should not call any man ________________ or _______________ ."
14. After Cornelius rehearsed all that had happened,
he said: "Immediately therefore I sent to thee; and thou hast well done
that thou art come. Now therefore are we all __________________________
, to hear _____________________ ______________________________________
15. "Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth
I perceive that God is no _________________ of _______________ : But in
_____________ nation he that feareth him and worketh righteousness is _______________
16. Having told them about Christ and what he had
done, the record says, "While Peter yet spake these words" (and he will
say in 11:15, "And as I began to speak") what happened?
17. "Peter later said (11:15): "And as I began to
speak, the Holy Spirit fell on them, as on us at the beginning." (1) When
way the beginning? (2) In what ways was the outpouring of the Holy Spirit
like as at the beginning? (3) What does this imply about the happening
as far as being a universal experience is concerned?
18. What was the immediate reaction of the Jewish
brethren who accompanied Peter to what happened?
19. What was Peter's immediate reaction to what happened?
20. Considering everything, what seems to have been
the purpose of the unexpected outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon the household
NAME: _________________________ DATE: ________________
ANSWERS: 1. Acts 10:1; 2. Acts 10:1; 3.
Acts 10:3; 4. Acts 10:4; 5. Acts 10:5-6,22,33,48; 11:14;
6. Three--1 soldier and 2 servants, 10:7; 7. Acts 10:9 (sixth
hour=12 noon); 8. Acts 10:10-14; 9. Acts 10:16-18; 10.
Acts 10:23 (11:12), 10 in all; 11. Acts 10:24; 12. Acts
10:25-26; 13. Acts 10:28; 14. Acts 10:33; 15. Acts
10:34-35; 16. Acts 10:44-46; 17. (1) Pentecost (Acts 2);
(2) Charismatic outpouring, directly from heaven, tongues, etc.; (3) This
was not a common happening since Pentecost, which was a few years before;
18. Acts 10:45; 19. Acts 10:47; 20. In addition to
Peter's vision, to demonstrate and witness to the fact that Gentiles should
be received into the church.